Thursday 28 February 2013

Bakmie Jakarta

Yippie, finally I find one authentic restaurant which focussing on selling the Indonesian Bakmie (handmade noodle) in Singapore, named Bakmie Jakarta. Bakmie Jakarta is quite new at Killiney Road.

I called it authentic because 90% of their menu is about Bakmie.

Every time I take the shuttle bus from my office to Somerset MRT, I always by pass this restaurant. So, last month on one of the Friday evening, I ask my colleague to have our dinner over there. 

I ordered Mie Kuah (Soup) Special. My colleagues tried the Bakmie ayam (chicken) special set and Bakmie Pangsit goreng (Fried Wanton).

Mie Kuah Special contains of soup noodle, chicken, fish balls, beef balls and an eggs.

The fish balls and beef balls are super chewy and nice, but the soup is a bit bland (not tasty).

They serve it not hot as well. I believed it's because they just put the cold cooked noddle into the hot soup.

Although there is have some minus point, I was not regret to try their bakmie. At least, I know a place that I would go if I am craving Indonesian bakmie at Singapore :)

Last but not least, I hope Bakmie Jakarta management will try to improve their bakmie quality :)

Mie Kuah Special  S$6.90

Bakmie Ayam Special Set S$6.90

Bakmie Pangsit Goreng S$5.50

Bakmie Jakarta Interior
 
 
Details
Name: Bakmie Jakarta
Address: 117A Killiney Road (2nd Floor above S11)
Nearest MRT: Somerset MRT
 
Opening Hours
Daily: 10:00AM - 9.30PM

2 comments:

  1. Hi Danny, Thank so much for dropping by Bakmie Jakarta.

    So sorry you were not so happy with our mee kuah. You can add extra kecap ( provided at counter) to suit to your taste.
    However I must say our bakmie is the star in the restaurant. Bakmie Pangsit goreng especially. I hope your friend likes it. We made all the noodle in the shop with lots of eggs to make it chewy. And theres no colouring or preservative. Hope you try the bakmie next time and tell us how it is:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bakmie Jakarta, it's ok. Sure I will try it next time and I will let you know again :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails