Friday 17 May 2013

Kafe Betawi

Today I want to share another nice restaurant at Jakarta called Kafe Betawi.

PS: from Wikipedia, The name "Betawi" derived from the name "Batavia", the old colonial name of Jakarta.

Kafe Betawi is a restaurant with Betawi concept and of course sells many types of Betawi’s dishes. Nowadays, it's quite difficult to find Betawi foods. Their interior is similar with the Betawi house.

Over there, I ordered Jus Betawi, Tempe Mendoan, and Laksa Betawi.

Laksa Betawi contains chicken cooked in coconut milk served on a rice cake and vermicelli garnished with local basil leaf (Kemangi).

This Laksa Betawi is very very tasty. Actually I am quite surprise as I didn't put so much expectation on this dish.

Tempe Mendoan is a thinly sliced tempe, battered and deep fried quickly, resulting in limp texture. This one is also not bad.

Jus Betawi (Betawi Juice) mixed of Fermented Cassava (Tape) and Avocado. Although I like ‘Tape’, I didn't like this Juice. It's too sweet for me.

Will I go there again? Yes, but that time I will try another juice.

Laksa Betawi IDR30.000


Tempe Mendoan IDR10.000

Jus Betawi IDR20.000

Kafe Betawi Interior


Details
Name: Kafe Betawi
Address: Kelapa Gading Mall 1, G Fl Unit 199

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails